Question Windows 10 mail being odd

Colif

Win 11 Master
So mum uses the Outlook client on WIn 10 to send gmail messages.
Since May 17 it has stopped recording any sent messages

I thought, I look on Gmail client on web, they aren't there either.

Odd thing is messages are sent, we can see them if someone replies. They just aren't showing. If she sends an email to me, I get it.

I used web client to send message from her to myself, it recorded it online, and soon after Outlook recorded it was sent... so um??

One fix I found was to untick saves a sent message, and close outlook, and then tick it again on next open, but the choice doesn't exist in the client.

Currently upgrading WIn 10 to 2004 so I see if it helps.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I've dound that in many cases, deleting the GMail account, and then adding it from scratch, helps.
I just tried that, twice. Both with closing app between setting them up and not. The app remembers the passwords and accounts between setups but it still doesn't save a copy of sent on the machine or in the Web client and yet if I look at one of them it says its sent from Google

mum runs screen at a weird resolution, I might change it to a normal one later on and see if I can find any options that normally show off screen for her.

Colif

Win 11 Master
If I send a message from mums PC
it doesn't show in sent in Outlook
It doesn't show as sent online on the Google portal
It does get received on the other side.

It is like it skips both recording stages.

if i send one from my pc using the online portal (and same internet connection) it shows in both the portal sent and also in mums Outlook client. I don't think I could convince her to use that option although it would be an easy fix.

I can't easily run the mail client (On my pc) as I actually have Office on this PC with what I assume is a fuller version of Outlook than what mum has (I expect its similar to what Outlook express once offered)

I am curious if its our ISP
We have VOIP for our telephone and no one can call us currently as anyone who tries gets told its a long distance call, even if they in the same room (I tried). ISP currently fixing that... they will callus when they have (no one else can anyway)