Windows 10 Mobile Support Coming For More Lumia Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too late...due to lack of a current WP model upgrade, I just upgraded from my Lumia 822 to a Galaxy S5. If only MS had released a current upper-mid to top end phone for me to upgrade to, I would have preferred to stay with Windows Phone. I'm not impressed with android and iphones aren't even a consideration for me.

fball922

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2008
Too late...due to lack of a current WP model upgrade, I just upgraded from my Lumia 822 to a Galaxy S5. If only MS had released a current upper-mid to top end phone for me to upgrade to, I would have preferred to stay with Windows Phone. I'm not impressed with android and iphones aren't even a consideration for me.

I am in the same boat. I literally just cut up my SIM card to put it in a cheap, used Android phone... Already I hate what I am dealing with in the Android ecosystem, but here I am trying to get a phone with decent app options that hasn't been completely abandoned (real or perceived). This phone is small (something I desperately need with my small hands) and has a much higher resolution than my 822, and a faster SOC (though already bogged by Android's duct tape and superglue OS).

I LOOOOVE my windows phones (I have 3 on hand at the moment), but it feels like with each one I buy (in used condition) comes with some caveat or issue... The Nokia reputation for reliability, it seems, is no more, and the HTC 8X, while a very sexy phone to me and anyone else who touched it, ended up melting at the charge port.

Don't get me wrong, I am chomping at the bits to get back into Windows Phone on decent hardware (read: proper screen and a smaller form factor, because anyone who has actually used WP knows the SoC/RAM is of minor importance due to its impeccable speed), and I will surely test out WinPhone 10 on one (or several) of my decomissioned phones, but until I see something fresh from MS I am not going to be able to bring myself back.

MyDocuments

Reputable
Jun 21, 2014
I am quite eager to see where the whole Win10 story goes, and I'm really hoping for a non-subscription end to the story (MS, please continue to offer a standalone office suite).

Just take a look at the news for GitHub where Cloud hosting anything can get a severe beating when it doesn't comply with certain entity's ideals.

I'll be sitting on the sidelines until a clearer picture of it's future develops. It could so easily turn down the path of certain Antivirus software and in effect start to look like Ransomware.

alextheblue

Distinguished

Why not an M8? Anyway I'm sticking with my 822 until something compelling comes along. After all it still works great and it has all the apps I care about. Really happy with the superb memory card support in 8.1 too.

Had an HTC in the past and it was total junk, left a bad impression. I would have been Ok with sticking to my 822 for a bit to see if MS came out with something good but the charging port went bad, had to kink the charger in the port to get it to charge and it was stop and go charging when it did work. I'm not happy with Android so far, just seems like a hot mess when trying to find things.

If MS does allow a free and fully functional WP upgrade for the S5, I'm going to be all over it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.