[SOLVED] Windows 10 night light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 22, 2019
I have 2 monitors but made the mistake of not paying attention so i ended up getting two different models. I've looked at the specs on both monitors and they're both the same to be honest but 1 is brighter than the other and it really hurts my eyes after a while.

But my question is how do i put the nightlight setting on for only 1 monitor instead of both? The monitor that is brighter than the other is the one i want the night light to be on but windows does it for both... Is there a way around this? The nightlight is perfect but i only want it on 1 monitor.

Solution
How does windows do this? Cause i have tried that but windows doesn't do anything how do i optimize it through windows?

not windows but the graphics driver should have options that let you adjust the monitors.
windows will let you control the resolution and placing for mousing and window movement. the advanced settings, if they are available- depends on the GPU driver installed - not all are thorough.
on my system its in radeon settings, on the display tab and under desktop color where I can change the advanced settings.
control panel> display >for the windows display settings.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
do the monitors have an adjustment onboard that you can use to manually tune the brightness? once each monitor is balanced with the other, windows can take it from there controlling both. but you need to tune/balance them first.

my monitor has a menu button and on the OSD I can adjust these settings.

while tuning I find a blank browser page spanned across both screens to be ideal for color matching and brightness matching

Oct 22, 2019
do the monitors have an adjustment onboard that you can use to manually tune the brightness? once each monitor is balanced with the other, windows can take it from there controlling both. but you need to tune/balance them first.

my monitor has a menu button and on the OSD I can adjust these settings.

while tuning I find a blank browser page spanned across both screens to be ideal for color matching and brightness matching
How does windows do this? Cause i have tried that but windows doesn't do anything how do i optimize it through windows?

R_1

Expert
Ambassador

not windows but the graphics driver should have options that let you adjust the monitors.
windows will let you control the resolution and placing for mousing and window movement. the advanced settings, if they are available- depends on the GPU driver installed - not all are thorough.
on my system its in radeon settings, on the display tab and under desktop color where I can change the advanced settings.
control panel> display >for the windows display settings.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.