Windows 10 no longer a bootable OS.

onemananarchy

Reputable
Mar 31, 2016
I've had windows 10 for around a month and everything was going fine, or at least it was working consistently with the odd hang once in a while. I was going away for a couple of days and went and properly shut down my computer. While I was away my brother asked if he could use my computer and when he went to start it he got "boot device inaccessible" which is something I'd had once or twice with windows 7 but just had to reset boot order so i figured that's all I'll have to do this time when I get home. Got home reset boot order and nothing. Cleared BIOS/CMOS and reset order, still nothing. Finally I chose to tap delete right before the inaccessible boot device screen to see the OS and noticed that windows 10 was not an OS option and that windows 7 still was even though that should have been gotten rid of when I upgraded. I'm assuming that it's trying to boot into a partially deleted version of windows 7 but where the hell did windows 10 go? Anyone else run into this since upgrading? I have no idea where to go from here.

Solution
sounds like a corrupted boot record to me.

sometimes a repair install from the install disk will get it back again. if not, then you have to reinstall windows to get it all working again.