Question windows 10 not detecting display?

Mar 28, 2019
Long story short my gpu is in the process of dying and I wanted to test my integrated graphics (intel hd 3000) with various games. This is the second time my gpu has died and the last time it happened, I switched over to my integrated graphics without a hitch. Since then nothing has changed with my pc. Same hardware and os. So I removed my gpu and plugged my dvi-d connector into the mobo, and the startup works fine with my monitor. I see the bios screen and initial windows loading, so no hardware issues there. But as soon as what would be the login screen appears, my monitor says it's going to sleep, as it loses connection. For some reason windows 10 isn't working with my integrated graphics this time around and I'm not sure why.

It could also be a RAM issue. Assuming you have two RAM sticks, I would try booting with one and then try the other. You can also test your memory from the WinPE (the Windows recovery Enviornment). Once in WinPE (3 unsuccessful boots will get you there or use an install media), there is an option to test your memory or type mdsched at a command prompt

Last edited: