Windows 10 not recognizing old Seagate Barraccuda HDD

nsullivan304

Honorable
Aug 28, 2017
I have a old, Seagate Barracuda HDD. Specifically, it is a Barracuda 7200.12 250GB model, with the product number 9SL131-033. It used to belong to an old, Windows XP computer. I removed it from the computer, and purchased an adapter from Amazon (it is a SATA to USB3 adapter, takes care of both the power and the access). When I plug the drive into my newer Windows 10 laptop, it shows up in the device manager as "ASMT 2115 USB Device". In "Device and Printers" it shows up as AS2115. I have tried 2 other computers, as well as swapping the SATA-USB3 adapter. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the drivers, and have gotten as far as to find that in the events tab under properties it says that the device has not been migrated. I can't figure out why this is. In Disk Management, it says the the disk has no media, when I know that it does for a fact. Does anyone have any idea how I could access the data on his HDD?

nsullivan304

Honorable
Aug 28, 2017

To my knoledgem the drive can handle 12v of power, but the USB port is only supplying 5v. Is there any way I can make the USB port supply more power? The reason I think that the drive works with 5v is because of this message on it.(picture below) The drive says on it:
+5v 0.72A
+12v 0.52A

What does that mean?

The adapter I have has indicator lights, to tell when it is on. There is a red light for over power, and a blue light over access. Is there supposed to be a blue light for power if there is enough?

HDD Picture

Solution

nsullivan304

Honorable
Aug 28, 2017