Windows 10, not working for me. Freezes within minutes

Broach

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016
I know the warranty doesn't cover software but when you spend all your money on a rig, you'd expect it to work. Is nividia gtx 970 even compatible with Windows 10, the very combination I was sold. I can't complete a factory reset before it crashes. Im no computer expert so I would welcome any advice...

Solution

If it came on the ASUS laptop (which would make it a 970M, different than the desktop 970 card), then 10 should work fine with it. If you have issues, contact ASUS for support, you may have a bad drive if you have issues after the factory restore.
Need more info here, did the system work fine before Windows 10? If you can't even do a factory reset, which is done before Windows even boots, issue is not with Windows 10. Maybe bad RAM, bad video card, bad power supply, bad hard drive, several things. What exactly is happening, when did it start and what are you trying to do with what results at what point?

Broach

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016

Broach

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016
Brand new ROG G20cb. It came pre installed with win10. It was running for 20mins or so, up until windows10 automatically downloaded its updates. The display froze. It continued to do this then researched somewhere about the updates causing problems I tried to do a settings and file reset. It got to 7% before it froze again. Now it can't get past the logo, it restarts itself in that cycle. I'm now trying a full factory reset. Taking hours but no crashes so far...

If it came on the ASUS laptop (which would make it a 970M, different than the desktop 970 card), then 10 should work fine with it. If you have issues, contact ASUS for support, you may have a bad drive if you have issues after the factory restore.

Solution