Windows 10(OEM) version

samuy

Honorable
Sep 14, 2014
I have few question about OEM version of windows 10. I've read few Q and A about OEM version of windows. So , OEM version only can be used once on specific motherboard which cant be swapped to other computer. It means that is risky?

1) what happen if my motherboard demaged or i got bad motherboard? I will wasting my money for the windows if it happens?
2) If I buy windows 8.1 will I still eligible free upgrade to Windows 10?
3) What it means by Windows 8.1 Single Language? It means i cant choose other than english language for windows even for typing Microsoft Office?

Solution
Prior to Windows 10, OEM versions of Windows were tied to the first computer/motherboard it was installed on and could not be transferred to another computer. If the motherboard failed, one would typically need to contact Microsoft and explain the situation in order for them to allow you to reactivate on the new motherboard. Whether or not they allowed it was a coin toss.

Since Windows 10 was released, you can now tie your Windows 10 license to your Microsoft Account. Once done, you can transfer the Windows license as necessary.

The period for the free upgrade to Windows 10 officially ended some time ago. For a time after the official upgrade period, people were still able to get the free upgrade, but if you're purchasing a new...

Wolfshadw

Titan
Prior to Windows 10, OEM versions of Windows were tied to the first computer/motherboard it was installed on and could not be transferred to another computer. If the motherboard failed, one would typically need to contact Microsoft and explain the situation in order for them to allow you to reactivate on the new motherboard. Whether or not they allowed it was a coin toss.

Since Windows 10 was released, you can now tie your Windows 10 license to your Microsoft Account. Once done, you can transfer the Windows license as necessary.

The period for the free upgrade to Windows 10 officially ended some time ago. For a time after the official upgrade period, people were still able to get the free upgrade, but if you're purchasing a new Windows license, I see no reason to not get Windows 10.

Windows Single Language does not include the Language Pack and only a single language is allowed. You cannot change languages.

-Wolf sends

Solution