Windows 10 On Any Screen? InFocus Unveils $99 'Kangaroo' Portable PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

hst101rox

Reputable
Aug 28, 2014
I'd like more details on how it interacts with a ARM device (smart phone) and if you can use your smart phone through that inFocus computer to drive output from the phone to the screen and if it's possible to use horsepower from the inFocus computer for use with your activities.

WFang

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014
It seems the integrated GPU solution from intel supports H264... so I wonder how well this would work with Steam game-stream? Or PLEX player/client? Could make a nice portable entertainment gadget on par with e.g. Roku etc.?

hst101rox

Reputable
Aug 28, 2014
<quote>Great! Now I can take this over to my friends house and work on spreadsheets together... </quote>

Excel for Scientists and Engineers book, 2nd edition made in 1995, could be a lot of fun!

beggerking

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
not the first...
THE VOYO V2, intel stick etc etc existed long before this... at similar price

this does have better processor though

beggerking

Distinguished
May 18, 2006

lol icrap is at least 5-6 times larger and heavier, not even in same league.

artk2219

Distinguished
Sure you can, they should have stuck an AMD in there. What do you hope to accomplish with an... Atom.

The unfortunate thing about that is that Intel can basically give huge volume discounts, and the manufacturers would get subsidies from Intel as well (I'm not sure if intel still does that, the article below is quite old), this would allow them to pretty heavily undercut AMD's Beema and Mullins. So as much as i would love to, and prefer to see Beema or Mullins in there, it isn't going to happen at that price, and because they probably wouldnt ship in volume, we may not see that at any price. Hell, id love to see even one decent thin and light running an FX 8800P, but the OEM's seem to not care since theyre still selling tons of i3, i5, and i7 U's with their shit graphics. I guess im just hoping for too much.

Intel Contra revenue:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2089421/how-intel-is-buying-a-piece-of-the-tablet-market.html

Status
Not open for further replies.