Question Windows 10 on Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 7, 2019
First off, I am new here and it's been 9 years since my last build and hopefully I can get stop beating my head against the wall and get this issue resolved.

I have Rev1.0 Aorus Z390 Pro motherboard currently with the R8 Bios version. I have a retail USB of Windows 10 home. For whatever reason the motherboard will not load the windows installer from USB. Changing the boot configuration to UEFI-Windows10-Partition 1 which is how the USB appears to BIOS sends me to a Windows boot manager asking me to select either Win10 32 or Win10 64. I select the 64 bit option where I am then transported to the Windows logo screen (blue logo) I see a few spinning dots that freeze in the same location with each thing I have tried. Which is:

Unplugging everything numerous times to check connection issues
Reducing ram sticks to 1/different slots
Reducing Sata devices to 1/different ports
Removing the GPU and enabling onboard graphics
All SSD/HDD are blank
Tried making my own bootable USB's first using Rufus then with Microsoft Media Creation Tool both with .iso files downloaded either through the tool or from Microsoft
Tried all front panel and rear USB ports
Tried CSM off and on
Tried making a legacy USB too but get message that this format is not compatible with this board
Tried both the Retail USB and my Homemade jobbies in my old Z77 board and shazam works perfectly so they are not the problem
Short of flashing my Bios to version 10, I am fresh out of ideas and extremely frustrated and discouraged swaying away from my trusted ASUS to go for this Gigabyte Mobo.

Other pertinent info:

I7-9700K
EVGA G3 750 PSU
Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2070
G.Skill Trident Z 3200 8gb x2
WD Blue SSD 250
Samsung SSD 500
WD Blue HDD 500
Samsung Nvme M2 500
Corsair H150i pro
Thermaltake View 71

Jul 7, 2019
Problem solved. The solution was printed right on the Motherboard..literally. Lesson learned that funky stuff happens when the Bios is not current. Merely flashed my Bios and the rest is history.

Jul 19, 2019
I'm experiencing the exact same thing! Do you mind walking me through how to get the latest bios onto my gigabyte Z390 Aorus pro? This is my first build and I don't know what else to do. Please Help!
Problem solved. The solution was printed right on the Motherboard..literally. Lesson learned that funky stuff happens when the Bios is not current. Merely flashed my Bios and the rest is history.

Jul 7, 2019
Kudos for trying a custom build for the first time.

All you need to do is know the exact model number of your motherboard including the revision number. The revision number is located at the bottom left hand side of the board. I simply then went to the Gigabyte website, looked up my model of motherboard. In this case a Z390 Aorus Pro Rev 1.0 in the support/downloads section of the motherboard page.

I know from fooling around in the BIOS that my board came stock with R8/Version 8 of the Bios. Version 9 grants support for the Intel Core Gen 9 Processors and version 10 includes bug fixes, optimizations and a a few other things. There was no need to install sequentially so I merely downloaded V10 to my desktop. Then I copied the files to an empty USB (Formatted as FAT32) took that USB and plugged it into a port on my tower and then hit, I believe F2 to activate the Bios Flash program. Afterwards, I selected the USB from the menu and hit Update. It takes roughly 3 minutes to finish, then it restarts. Do NOT do anything until it finishes! At this point my problem was solved, the system loaded the Windows setup with no issues. Ensure that CSM is activated in Bios or otherwise setup as UEFI.

Don't give up. I may have made a newbie mistake but my rough trip enables me to help others like you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS