Windows 10 OpenCL.dll error Help/Advice Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeynavy1976

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
Last night I had a BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD error and had to restart my machine twice to boot again. I thought it might be Malwarebytes causing the issue so I have disabled it. As a precaution I ran sfc /scannow to scan system files and 1 error (didn't come up when I ran the check before) popped up. It says that both the Windows store and the working copy of openCL.dll are corrupt and can't be repaired. I thought this dll was associated with video. I had downloaded and installed NVidia's driver and installed over the version downloaded by Windows (which I have read is trouble). How can I fix the openCL.dll error when running sfc?

Solution
to clean up gpu drivers use DDU from 3D guru website this will completely remove any remaining drivers from gpu just remove all and the reinstall the correct graphic driver for the correct flavor of your OS
by doing this it well insure you that you have the right drivers for your system also check your motherboard manufactures site for windows 10 updated drivers and bios update as well

poppasmurf

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
ok you upgraded to win 10 , was it a clean install meaning no files saved or upgrade with all files saved ?when I do an upgrade of an OS I usually start from scratch and saving the "files wanted saved" on a another media device then go and install the new os and go the manufacture of the systems motherboard and update there motherboard drivers for that OS. Then the manufacture of the systems gpu and do the same download the driver for the new OS

I find less errors in the reg. going this route also the existing software may need updates as well for the New OS updates so ....

yes it may be an issue with nvidias issue or it may be motherboard diver , software,, bios update, problem too so.......my questions above on the update to 10 for giggles tell me was it a clean install nothing saved? or save files apps and upgrade to windows 10

poppasmurf

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
to clean up gpu drivers use DDU from 3D guru website this will completely remove any remaining drivers from gpu just remove all and the reinstall the correct graphic driver for the correct flavor of your OS
by doing this it well insure you that you have the right drivers for your system also check your motherboard manufactures site for windows 10 updated drivers and bios update as well

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.