[SOLVED] Windows 10 Partially in Russian

AVeryConfusedPerson

Commendable
Oct 18, 2016
So I installed Russian as another language on my computer to test something out a few days ago. Once I was done with it, I uninstalled it and restarted my computer. I noticed that some of my computer was still in Russian, like my clock. It's in Russian format and the days are in Russian aswell. Google Chrome and any other web browser are also entirely in Russian. I've already tried whatever CMD command it is to completely uninstall any other languages from my computer, and not even that did anything. If anyone knows how to fix this, please help me. Thankyou.

Solution
Uninstalling a language doesn't necessarily mean it's removed, contrary to what it sounds like.

You'll have to change all the areas where language is a setting, not just in the pc, as stuff like Chrome isn't pc based, it's net based, like Steam. You only keep local files, the rest is out there on everyone else's pc.

So for you, you'd be changing the default to English (America) or similar as default, as the settings are more than likely still set for Russian. In more than one place.
Sounds like something has been borked in the registry. I'd say you may have to resort to a clean install to get it back to normal. Even if there are other solutions, they are likely to take longer than simply doing a clean install in any case. Once and done. If it's been a while since you done a clean install, it's probably not a bad idea anyhow especially if you are running Windows 10 since they just released a new major build update not long ago.

If you are not running Windows 10, SHAME on you. LOL.

AVeryConfusedPerson

Commendable
Oct 18, 2016
Sounds like something has been borked in the registry. I'd say you may have to resort to a clean install to get it back to normal. Even if there are other solutions, they are likely to take longer than simply doing a clean install in any case. Once and done. If it's been a while since you done a clean install, it's probably not a bad idea anyhow especially if you are running Windows 10 since they just released a new major build update not long ago.

If you are not running Windows 10, SHAME on you. LOL.
Lol I'm running Windows 10. I've done one a couple months ago, is there any other way, really don't look forward to going through that mess again. Thanks :)

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Uninstalling a language doesn't necessarily mean it's removed, contrary to what it sounds like.

You'll have to change all the areas where language is a setting, not just in the pc, as stuff like Chrome isn't pc based, it's net based, like Steam. You only keep local files, the rest is out there on everyone else's pc.

So for you, you'd be changing the default to English (America) or similar as default, as the settings are more than likely still set for Russian. In more than one place.

Solution

AVeryConfusedPerson

Commendable
Oct 18, 2016

Thankyou so much. I added another version of English and it fixed everything.