Windows 10 PC freezes when booting after security updates

Soulreaper005

Distinguished
May 11, 2015
Computer specs:
i7-2600
24GB ddr3
2x geforce GTS 450

So im aware that some of my specs are pretty out of date, but I'm not worried about that because this is just a PC that i use to run OBS on and is my dedicated stream PC so i dont need fery good GPU's. For the past few months my computer has been trying to do some updated but every time i would shut down and then restart it would freeze with the blue windows symbol on the screen and the white status circle would freeze. I would then force shut down my PC and just boot it up again and it would cancel the update because it failed and it would boot fine. Now Windows if FORCING me to update a pretty big update i think its the fall update it kept popping up every 5 minutes with a 30 min timer and i had to click "Remind me later" and eventually i wasnt able to get to it and it started to do the update. I guess this update is so large that it has already made a bunch of changes and it wont cancel the update when i reboot. Now i cant even start in safe mode, it just starts loading windows, then freezes with the windows symbol in the middle of the screen and the white status circle. I have no idea what to do, I have tried unplugging all my USB devices which did not work. I was thinking it might be that I have such old GPU's the drivers arent supported very will with windows 10, but I have no other option with GPU;s i have to keep them connected because my motherboard doesnt have integrated video and i dont have the budget to buy another GPU, or even a video adapter. Any ideas?

I dont remember correct atm but it was either Intel or Windows themself who posted that you should not install the latest security download since there are several reports of system not booting or going straight to bluescreen.

At this point I think only advice I can give is to do a fresh install of windows sadly...

But dont do it yet. Wait until someone else answer who might have an better idè what can be done etc.

Soulreaper005

Distinguished
May 11, 2015

Well, it isnt a RECENT security patch. This system hasnt done a update for MONTHS now, due to the freezing. It was just a fresh install around november, with a fresh install of win10 enterprise 64bit

Soulreaper005

Distinguished
May 11, 2015
I dont know if this helps also, but after this freezing started happening i couldnt boot into windows boot utility, i had to boot into my UEFI hard drive. Booting into windows boot utility would result on being stuck on a command prompt looking screen with a blinker blinking but i cant type anything