Question Windows 10 PC Keep Having BSOD After Multiple Reinstallation.

Hexxus

Honorable
Jul 22, 2016
So I help my friend build a PC for light photo editing works.

After a month or so the PC starts to slow down at startup, after the slow startup, the computer would run normally. A few days after that the computer would start BSODing and restart on its own. After a few BSOD and restart, the computer wouldn't boot to windows. It would stucks at Windows "Automatic Repair" screen.

So I reinstalled Windows 10. And then the computer would run normally. But after a month it would happen again, the startup would be slow, and after a few days, it would start BSODing again. I've done this cycle 3 times and it would always be like that. I don't know what's wrong with the computer.

At first, I thought it's a software or driver problem, hence the first windows reinstall, and it did fix the problem for a while. I don't think it's a hardware problem because the reinstall shouldn't have fixed the problem (even if for a while).

Besides reinstalling, I also have tried reseating the computer's components, including reapplying thermal paste.

Asus H110M-A D3
Intel Pentium G4400
8GB of RAM DDR3
2 HDD, 2 TB and 3 TB

Last edited:

Hexxus

Honorable
Jul 22, 2016
Hi, sorry for the late update. As I said, this was my friend's computer, I don't remember the exact specs, so I have to wait until I can get my hand on it.

It's a low-end PC, mainly used to edit photos.

Asus H110M-A D3
Intel Pentium G4400
8GB of RAM DDR3
2 HDD, 2 TB and 3 TB