Windows 10 Pro activation

Status
Not open for further replies.

StealthArsenal

Distinguished
May 25, 2008
Hello all,

Has anyone experienced the issues with Win 10 and activation. I upgraded my Win 7 machine to Win 10 which activated without issue. I made note of the Product Key and performed a fresh install. I am now dealing with the issue that many seem to have when windows indicates the product key is blocked and cannot be activated. Now, I have contacted microsoft and they indicate waiting 24-48 hours and the OS will activate. In any event, here we are, no activation. I have tried using the different command in elevated cmd to try and force activation, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Has anyone had any success with a different method of a getting a genuine product activated?

I did not realize Win 10 wasn't activated, and I now have almost all my software reinstalled.

Thanks

Solution
I did read about long waiting periods for activation... so if MS told you to wait.. that's about all you can do.. Give it a few more days and it should activate in the background.

USAFRet

Titan

I upgraded one of my PC's, and then did a clean install.
Input the generic Win 10 license key in the process of the clean install.
Result? Full activation.

StealthArsenal

Distinguished
May 25, 2008
Hrmm,

Maybe I will let this sit another night and see what transpires. I can always call MS again and have them remote my computer and activate it. I know they can do it when phone activation doesn't work.

wpersin003

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012

It seems that win 10 will not activate if win 7 or 8 is not of the same distro home for home and pro for pro and no downgrade will work as win 10 blocks side loading and usb and cd with error install path not known. Alternative is to buy activation key as only option as is the case for dell venue 8 pro tablet.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
When fresh installing make sure the Win10 version you download is the same version you upgraded. Also what do you mean you noted the Cdkey? Theres no need for it, Microsoft ties your Windows7 key to the upgrade of Win10, so when you fresh install, you can skip the part where it asks for it, it will activate once online automatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.