[SOLVED] WIndows 10 pro installation problem help please :)

Captain Morgan17

Reputable
Jul 15, 2017
I recently changed my pc and just put windows 10 home on it. I didnt activate it for some weeks. now i have decided the watermark at the bottom right of my screen and not being able to personalize windows is annoying me. so i purchased windows 10 pro, Problem is when i boot up the windows installation media from my usb it says incompatable that i must upgrade from my desktop via the setup on the installation media. If i do that it will remove all my files and im pretty sure i would need an activated windows 10 home too. Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
I tried that method, but because i have windows 10 home (unactivated) it wont let simply input the pro key and upgrade. it says ''the product key you entered does not work''
I purchased the windows 10 pro key from ebay. I have purchased from them before and the keys always work fine so i dont think the problem lies with the key.
I have specifically activated and upgraded an Unactivated Win 10 Home install, directly to Pro, simply by inputting a valid Pro license.

My bet is on the ebay license.

In any case, there is no magic dust we out here can sprinkle on this.
Either it works or it does not. And MS is in charge of "working" and "valid".

USAFRet

Titan
You should be able to just input the valid license key from the Pro. It will automagically Update the Win 10 Home to Pro, and activate it.
Yes, I've done this personally.

Settings - System - About
There is a clicky for "Change product key or upgrade your edition of Windows"

Where did you purchase the Pro?

Captain Morgan17

Reputable
Jul 15, 2017
You should be able to just input the valid license key from the Pro. It will automagically Update the Win 10 Home to Pro, and activate it.
Yes, I've done this personally.

Settings - System - About
There is a clicky for "Change product key or upgrade your edition of Windows"

Where did you purchase the Pro?

I tried that method, but because i have windows 10 home (unactivated) it wont let simply input the pro key and upgrade. it says ''the product key you entered does not work''
I purchased the windows 10 pro key from ebay. I have purchased from them before and the keys always work fine so i dont think the problem lies with the key.

USAFRet

Titan
I have specifically activated and upgraded an Unactivated Win 10 Home install, directly to Pro, simply by inputting a valid Pro license.

My bet is on the ebay license.

In any case, there is no magic dust we out here can sprinkle on this.
Either it works or it does not. And MS is in charge of "working" and "valid".

Solution