Question Windows 10 Pro not detecting a license

Stefano G.

Prominent
May 31, 2022
I got this pc from a shop about a year ago, it is a used pc and it had windows 10 pro since I got it. The very first day windows didn't detect any license and i had the "activate windows" watermark. I found it a bit wierd but after a few weeks the problem just fixed itself. Then, after exactly one year, windows doesn't detect any license again. I just waited like i did the previous time, a month has passed since I windows stopped detecting a license and I think it isn't going to fix itself this time. Does anyone know why it's happening? As i said, I got this at a shop and I have no idea what they did with windows. In the activate windows tab in the settings it says "error 0xc004C060".

Reactions: johnbl

USAFRet

Titan
I got this pc from a shop about a year ago, it is a used pc and it had windows 10 pro since I got it. The very first day windows didn't detect any license and i had the "activate windows" watermark. I found it a bit wierd but after a few weeks the problem just fixed itself. Then, after exactly one year, windows doesn't detect any license again. I just waited like i did the previous time, a month has passed since I windows stopped detecting a license and I think it isn't going to fix itself this time. Does anyone know why it's happening? As i said, I got this at a shop and I have no idea what they did with windows. In the activate windows tab in the settings it says "error 0xc004C060".
This is almost certainly due to "the shop" installing a bogus license.

The only two entities that can maybe make it right is the shop, or Microsoft.

I had it happen to me once, with a refurb laptop from Newegg.