Windows 10 Product key

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron9546

Reputable
Jul 18, 2015
Got a few questions about windows 10 if anyone has answers firstly I reserved windows 10 to my pc and laptop but had problems with the pc so I factory reset it which failed so I had to clean install it from the site I previously had an activated version of windows but this time I had to skip the product key activation as I didn't have one now I get a message at the bottom right of the monitor telling me to update the windows product key so will my windows 10 eventually stop working if I don't pay £99 for an activation key that I already had for free? secondly I know the activation key for my laptop which is also windows 10... If I put the laptop activation key into my pc and used them seperately would microsoft a multi billion dollar company care that I am using the same activation key for two devices and stop me anyway

Wolfshadw

Titan
If your PC came with Windows on it, then it should also have a Microsoft Certificate of Authenticity which has the Product Key printed on it. Reinstall the original OS onto it and activate it using that product key. Run Windows Update to get the Upgrade to 10 option and then run the update.

You cannot use your laptop product key to update your PC.

-Wolf sends

Aaron9546

Reputable
Jul 18, 2015

I built the pc and used a fake windows 7 with it then upgraded to windows 10 through that

Status
Not open for further replies.