[SOLVED] Windows 10 Realtek audio issues

Kinnyr90

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2012
Hi

I have windows 10 v 1909 and I have onboard Realtek audio When I download some latest drivers it says the test tone failed when I go and play them out of my 4.1 Klipsch speaker system on my desktop computer and sometimes it says audio format not supported So I have to play around and find realtek audio drivers that work . and it seems Now that I can only use 5.1 or 7.1 sound as it only gives me those options and not quadraphonic sound Like it used to. I can't seem to find the drivers that worked with the quadraphonic sound. Can anyone tell me what older drivers would work good. and maybe send me the link. I have a gigabyte board a z370 Auros Gaming 7 Board

Thank you!!

Solution
Hmmm, can you check and see which BIOS version you're currently on for your motherboard? If you have BIOS updates pending, gradually work your way up to the latest version. Next source the latest drivers from the board manufacturer's support site and install them manually, in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Now you should see if reinstalling your chipset drivers prior to the audio drivers reinstallation changes your experience.

Lutfij

Titan
Hmmm, can you check and see which BIOS version you're currently on for your motherboard? If you have BIOS updates pending, gradually work your way up to the latest version. Next source the latest drivers from the board manufacturer's support site and install them manually, in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Now you should see if reinstalling your chipset drivers prior to the audio drivers reinstallation changes your experience.

Reactions: Kinnyr90
Solution