Question Windows 10 reinstall

hrisimir

Commendable
Oct 16, 2020
2 simple questions.
1. After i change the boot order in the uefi to the usb stick with the image do i have to manually change it back to the ssd the Windows is being installed on (the ssd is exclusively for OS INSTALLATION).
2.Heard since a while you can not create local accounts. I am using the pro version of Windows. Is that avoidable or smth?
Reinstalling Windows since i lost aroumd 15 % performance since 2018. I change psu, the cpu cooker fans etc. Tested every single component - prime memtest crystaldisk etc etc. This is my Last resort and since the original installyionn this pc was my first ever, I have never reinstalled over an already existing OS.

Colif

Win 11 Master
1. After i change the boot order in the uefi to the usb stick with the image do i have to manually change it back to the ssd the Windows is being installed on (the ssd is exclusively for OS INSTALLATION).
what motherboard do you have?
2.Heard since a while you can not create local accounts. I am using the pro version of Windows. Is that avoidable or smth?
just install without internet access and you can make a local account

Colif

Win 11 Master
win 10 version updates are mostly clean installs without needing to reinstall everything. They replace windows 10 installs every 6 months. But a clean is always handy every few years

some motherboards have a way to avoid changing boot order so you don't need to mess with it to install off USB. Boot over ride. I just want to see if yours does.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I don't think Asus has it
I don't think you need to swap, I had a Asus Z97 Pro before this PC and its older than yours, just have USB as 1st and PC should swap to ssd after the restart and keep installing. I never had to mess with bios afterwards.