Windows 10 Secondary Drive detected, not accessible

MysticDaedra

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014
I yanked the cord to my PC by accident while checking for dust, decided to go ahead and clean it out while it was off. I removed my GPU which hangs over the SATA ports, cleaned with air, replaced and restarted. Now my secondary drive isn't accessible, although both HDD Guardian and Windows seems to detect it. HDD Guardian shows no errors, but my PC starts to hang and even freeze when trying to get into the filestructure.

I tried to run chkdsk, but it doesn't seem to believe the drive exists, even if Windows Explorer does. I'm at my wits ends, here. This drive has almost 2 TB of downloaded games, and I live in a remote location that would take at least a year of constant downloading to replace; not even considering that this would be impossible with my data cap. Any possible solutions would be very much appreciated!

EDIT: CHKDSK via administrator command prompt still isn't detecting my secondary drive, but I went to the tools tab of the drive properties and found an error checking option there. Ran it, no errors. Going through the drive I seem to now have full access, even though all I did was restart a couple times. However, I am experiencing what appear to be registry errors; games and programs that are installed now don't seem to be registering as installed in Windows. Guess I need a registry utility.

MysticDaedra

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014
Everything is starting to work properly, don't know how it got fixed cause I sure didn't do anything except restart many times. I'm still experience a ton of registry problems, lots of stuff were reset to default and the like.