Windows 10: Secondary storage now causes boot failure

Aug 5, 2018
Hello,
For the past two years, my PC has worked fine with both an SSD and an HDD, with Windows 10 being installed on the former. However, as of recent, my PC has been getting stuck on a disk checking process for my D:\ drive (the HDD). For about a week, every time I would turn my PC on, at the Windows loading screen I would be met with "Press any key to skip disk checking in 8 seconds".

So every time, I would let the process run, and every time, it would get stuck at a very small percent. First it was 5%, then 6%, and today, after leaving it on for 12+ hours, it got to 7%. After being thoroughly fed up with Windows' nonsense loading times, I restarted my PC, only to be met with a medley of new issues.

Now, every 1st boot, the PC gets stuck on an infinite Windows loading screen, and every other boot, goes to "Preparing Automatic Repair", and then just turns black.

After about an hour, I found the solution was to physically unplug the SATA cable connecting the HDD to the motherboard. Now the computer works fine and dandy, except I can't access any files on my HDD. Can anyone help?