Windows 10 Settings Resetting on its own?? Why?

iPen

Reputable
Aug 1, 2015
About once a week or so, my Windows 10 settings for some applications get reset. For example, when I plug my flash drive in the first time, it asked me what action Windows should take (I told it to open the file folder every time). But after about a week, it asks me again as if the settings get reset on a regular basis. This also happens to the Microsoft Money app. I enter, say, a stock to watch. After about a week, that watch list disappears.

Is this a known issue?

And while I'm asking about that... I've read that the first version of Fences that I'm using doesn't work well with Windows 10 as far as selecting and dragging files. It worked fine on Windows 7 for me. Everything else is fine. As a work around, I've simply been cutting and pasting the file(s) into the respective fence. Is there a fix or a better workaround to get select and drag to work on the desktop with Fences installed?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
I don't know about the first issue, other then maybe a cleaning utility like CCLeaner maybe cleaning the section where the setting to remember that stuff.

The thing with Fences....I'm using version 2.12 I believe and I have no problem dragging things around and adding icons, shorcuts, etc to the fences.

GamingInsider

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2015
I don't know about the first issue, other then maybe a cleaning utility like CCLeaner maybe cleaning the section where the setting to remember that stuff.

The thing with Fences....I'm using version 2.12 I believe and I have no problem dragging things around and adding icons, shorcuts, etc to the fences.

Solution

iPen

Reputable
Aug 1, 2015

Hmm, I'll have to check out CCleaner and what they may be doing. That's a good idea.

And, I like the first version of Fences, though, since it's free lol.