Windows 10 Setup not recognizing RAID 0

skylerli51

Prominent
Jul 27, 2018
Just finished building by PC. I have two 256gb SSDs that are Samsung 850 Pro. In the bios, I have both of them set up in RAID 0 and shows 510gb of storage. These are SATA SSDs by the way. I insert my USB with installation media, and when I go to download Windows, the drive doesn't show up at all. This is my first time doing RAID, but not my first time building. If anybody has an answer I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

OCD Tweaker

Reputable
Aug 19, 2015
you typically wouldnt raid you OS

because your basically writing the operating system across multi drives and raid 0 can become corrupted and lose files etc then you have to re install windows

most people raid games and other files there are also different kinds of raids

Jul 22, 2018

Look on the disk/usb/website for your motherboard. They may have RAID drivers that you need to load during the windows setup. What MB do you have?

joojoo1234

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2009
I have found that when setting up windows 7 and 10 you want only one drive connected as multiple drives always cause issues such as not finding drives and not booting the correct drive. For example I had only one drive for the o.s. and then a raid... caused issues. Only use one drive and until it is all set up then connect a drive and boot ... connect a drive and boot... That way you can check for loose cables and always unplug before touching sata power cables as you will ruin your drive. Remember to set your boot drive correctly but by doing it this way Windows learns the correct drive to boot.