Windows 10 Start button not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Eyre

Reputable
Jan 17, 2015
So I logged onto my PC today and I tried getting onto the start menu by clicking the windows key and it didn't work. So then I tried clicking on the Windows icon but till nothing happend so I was wondering if anyone knew what tf is going on.

Solution
Try any of the following possible solutions:

1) Open an elevated command prompt by typing "CMD" into Start, right-clicking Command Prompt, and selecting "Run as Administrator." Enter "sfc /scannow".

Restart after the scan is over and see if it helped. If no change occurs, then open another elevated command prompt and enter: "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth".

2) Open up an elevated PowerShell prompt by typing "PowerShell" in start, right-clicking on the first option, and selecting "Run as administrator." Inside the prompt, paste the following:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Slashgeek

Admirable
Try any of the following possible solutions:

1) Open an elevated command prompt by typing "CMD" into Start, right-clicking Command Prompt, and selecting "Run as Administrator." Enter "sfc /scannow".

Restart after the scan is over and see if it helped. If no change occurs, then open another elevated command prompt and enter: "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth".

2) Open up an elevated PowerShell prompt by typing "PowerShell" in start, right-clicking on the first option, and selecting "Run as administrator." Inside the prompt, paste the following:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.