[SOLVED] Windows 10 storage pool. How to recover files?

Nov 10, 2019
Well I made a simple pool with manage storage utility which worked fine. 2 disc's 2tb each that gave me a total of 4Tb.
Suddenly before 2 days I had a freeze and windows 10 restarted.
The system hang and never made it to the login screen.
I re install windows 10 but after I logged in the pool had disappeared. I could see the disc's in device manager but nowhere else. Not in the manage storage not in my computer and the pool also had vanished. Optimized programs like raid recovery can see the disc's but when I scan to find raid configuration I don't get a match. I read that Microsoft pool is a type of jbod but still can't find more details about sector splits or even if JustABunchOfDiscs splits files to 2 disc's.
Any help or info would be much appreciated.

Solution
WIndows Software RAID, no matter what new name is slapped on it, Storage Spaces Direct, aka, S2D, etc., is still not quite considered by most folks to be ready/safe enough for prime time...

A glitch, and your stuff is....well, gone. (Probability for a data loss glitch when in a RAID 0 is clearly orders of magnitude higher, as now in evidence!)

Put stuff on a single drive, and back it up elsewhere....(twice if the data is important, one copy air-gapped/not attached); striping or even mirroring with Windows Software RAID is (or should be) more an exercise in future features not yet fully trustworthy, IMO)

popatim

Titan
Stripes splits the data between both disk. Jbod simply uses both disks as 1 large one but the data is only on one disk. Other data gets written to the other disk when the the first one fills.

Windows Storage spaces does not offer jbod. The 'Simple' space is Raid0 and data is striped across both disks.
if you indeed used Simple then you will need raid-aware recovery software.

First, open disk management. Are those drives Dynamic? Do they say Foreign? Try Rt clicking in the partition area (right side) and selecting import Foreign disk.

If not then please link us to a screenshot of your disk management window.

WIndows Software RAID, no matter what new name is slapped on it, Storage Spaces Direct, aka, S2D, etc., is still not quite considered by most folks to be ready/safe enough for prime time...

A glitch, and your stuff is....well, gone. (Probability for a data loss glitch when in a RAID 0 is clearly orders of magnitude higher, as now in evidence!)

Put stuff on a single drive, and back it up elsewhere....(twice if the data is important, one copy air-gapped/not attached); striping or even mirroring with Windows Software RAID is (or should be) more an exercise in future features not yet fully trustworthy, IMO)

Solution
Nov 10, 2019
Yeah I agree
It was very stupid of me and for real I didn't think of the risk I took too much.
I just thought that a little more bandwidth for free would be nice,
and now I m in deep trouble.

I ll continue efforts to recover and in any case if anybody has a lead plz respond.
I ll inform about progress if I have any good that I doubt.

Nov 10, 2019
Also no luck with diskpart.
It cannot see discs neither like physical nor as virtual.
So I cannot bring them online or mount them in a way,
but it worth the catch.
The only good lead I have so far is with recovery apps which can see both of discs.
I ll inform for further progress.

Sep 6, 2020
Also no luck with diskpart.
It cannot see discs neither like physical nor as virtual.
So I cannot bring them online or mount them in a way,
but it worth the catch.
The only good lead I have so far is with recovery apps which can see both of discs.
I ll inform for further progress.
How did you go?
I have a similar problem.
But I can see my drives online in disk management