[SOLVED] Windows 10 Store

nbartolo7

Honorable
Sep 4, 2017
Anyone knows what the "free up space" option that appears after you click on install of a game in the windows store? I clicked it just to see what it would do (like perhaps redirect me somewhere), but my PC froze for a while and I never got to see what it did. Anyone tried that yet?

Solution
3amDYZ6.png

I think thats just there in case you want to clear up space before installing it.
it seems when you download a game from Microsoft it needs space on both C drive and the destination drive. You shouldn't have a problem.

this person got same options when downloading but only has 1gb free on C, so it won't work - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-prevent/5b028a1f-2e1a-4a68-bc9c-bcba7dc7c23f and the pages shown are slightly different for them.

I don't think it would auto clear, likely take you to another screen to pick what you want to remove.

Colif

Win 11 Master
screenshots might help

Searching for "free up space" just leads to results about freeing up space on PC. Hard to find anything about store downloads. Makes me want to hurt google search for being so basic.

is this on new PC or old one? there shouldn't be the need to clean space on new, and I just wouldn't bother on old as you can't reuse those files on new install anyway - Unlike every other games service you can download games from, you can't reuse Microsoft games on a new install without downloading them again.

Reactions: nbartolo7

nbartolo7

Honorable
Sep 4, 2017
screenshots might help
My bad, my bad, you're right. Thought I had put one. Here it is. Asked a friend to try at home, but apparently it only appears with larger games, (which he doesn't have) since the option never appeared on his side. I presume it redirects to where Lafong is saying but I cannot be sure. I just hope it didn't delete anything without my permission, and I'm afraid of clicking the button again.

Colif

Win 11 Master
3amDYZ6.png

I think thats just there in case you want to clear up space before installing it.
it seems when you download a game from Microsoft it needs space on both C drive and the destination drive. You shouldn't have a problem.

this person got same options when downloading but only has 1gb free on C, so it won't work - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-prevent/5b028a1f-2e1a-4a68-bc9c-bcba7dc7c23f and the pages shown are slightly different for them.

I don't think it would auto clear, likely take you to another screen to pick what you want to remove.

Reactions: nbartolo7
Solution

TRENDING THREADS