[SOLVED] Windows 10 Sucks

Oct 23, 2020
I bought a HP Laptop a few months ago (Model 15-dw0083wm) and I want to uninstall windows 10 Home and replace it with Windows 7 ultimate, I'm thinking I can find a HP notebook version of 7SP, it looks like HP keeps 7 laptop drivers current
I dunno? Sounds feasible
never tried it yet. It's better than losing what I was working on because the mandatory browser I don't want overrides my settings and desides updates for the office program I don't want and have to buy to use is more important than me, my job, the hours of time spent on the device lost, to update Bill Gates Bloatware BS.
A fresh clean version of 7 is sounding pretty good.
It's gonna happen, that or a big hammer, but I want to get a little more input and hope to get some feedback as to achieve this goal without anymore setbacks, tech is current, low-end but current. ssd drive is somewhat lacking
But other than that it's fine for what I gotta do.
Just uncertain about the drivers/ Networking issues.
Two cents..
Anybody?

Solution
You would be better served by sticking with Win 10 (current and more secure OS) and configuring it the way you want to. All the "issues" you described can be dealt with. There, $0.03...keep the change. ;)
Oct 23, 2020
If you only knew the struggle I've been through with this device, it's a special version that will only allow software downloaded from the windows store, they make you pay for free stuff sometimes, OneDrive... No not happening, some of the boneheaded things they do... and all the spyware?
I hear ya on the os issue but I'm not trying to run a bank, security got so dickish at one point it wouldn't let me download ANYTHING.
I know old Bill Gates was in his secret underground sitting on his thrown, watching my every keystroke and like Nero giving me the thumbs down, dreaming up a new vaccine for people like me.
With current good security programs and a good VPN I should be alright..
Right?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I am pretty sure Bill Gates isn't digging through your browser history. If you feel this strongly against MS products, why trust Win 7?

Sounds like you are a perfect candidate for Linux.

By the way, do you have a cell phone? Credit cards? These guys know more about you than MS ever would. Just something to be aware of.

I use and recommend Win 10 for multiple reasons. The legit concerns you have mentioned can all be alleviated/mitigated.

What do you mean "special version"? What version of Windows 10 were you running?

USAFRet

Titan
If you only knew the struggle I've been through with this device, it's a special version that will only allow software downloaded from the windows store, they make you pay for free stuff sometimes, OneDrive... No not happening, some of the boneheaded things they do... and all the spyware?
I hear ya on the os issue but I'm not trying to run a bank, security got so dickish at one point it wouldn't let me download ANYTHING.
I know old Bill Gates was in his secret underground sitting on his thrown, watching my every keystroke and like Nero giving me the thumbs down, dreaming up a new vaccine for people like me.
With current good security programs and a good VPN I should be alright..
Right?
Ahhh...Win 10 S.
Yes, that IS a braindead version.

You can switch that to regular Win 10, free.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ndows-10-4f56d9be-99ec-6983-119f-031bfb28a307

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/upgrade-from-windows-10-s

Oct 23, 2020
I am pretty sure Bill Gates isn't digging through your browser history. If you feel this strongly against MS products, why trust Win 7?

Sounds like you are a perfect candidate for Linux.

By the way, do you have a cell phone? Credit cards? These guys know more about you than MS ever would. Just something to be aware of.

I use and recommend Win 10 for multiple reasons. The legit concerns you have mentioned can all be alleviated/mitigated.

What do you mean "special version"? What version of Windows 10 were you running?
It

Oct 23, 2020
It's MS and HP the version of windows 10 Home they agreed to for some HP Laptops, contract stuff I guess?
When I started to constantly get shut down by my new laptop I started

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 23, 2020

Got cut off in mid stream, Billy unleashed the hounds.
I've been thinking about different OSs as well but I'm still on the fence about that, Linux yeah I'd love to but the software I work with ain't gonna happen. Wine won't work, I'm looking at Google too, much talk about chromebook being able to handle android, linux, windows and mac, but how well?
The big frustration is putting out 300 bucks on a laptop that wants to block me from doing all the stuff I am used to doing on a laptop or PC
I'm a creative. I'm grabbing fonts, vectors and what not, images.
And when windows 10 puts a cartoon trendy douchebag on my screen to scold me for not being GENUINE WINDOWS I get pissed.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Got cut off in mid stream, Billy unleashed the hounds.
I've been thinking about different OSs as well but I'm still on the fence about that, Linux yeah I'd love to but the software I work with ain't gonna happen. Wine won't work, I'm looking at Google too, much talk about chromebook being able to handle android, linux, windows and mac, but how well?
The big frustration is putting out 300 bucks on a laptop that wants to block me from doing all the stuff I am used to doing on a laptop or PC
I'm a creative. I'm grabbing fonts, vectors and what not, images.
And when windows 10 puts a cartoon trendy douchebag on my screen to scold me for not being GENUINE WINDOWS I get pissed.
Seems something is amiss here. If it came with the Home version, assuming it is legit and activated, then you should not be receiving a "genuine Windows" anything.

Have you considered going straight to MS and getting the latest release and installing it (full clean install also gets rid of HP bloatware)?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Assuming still in "S" mode, you should use info USAFRet provided to un-do that.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06620364