Question Windows 10 system boot disc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondering if it is possible to create a windows boot disc that takes you to the windows desktop without using the hard drive. These were common in the old days and allowed you to undo (ie restore) registry mistakes that caused windows to become unbootable. I know about system restore but the last time I tried it from a repair disc it failed.

No, what I'm looking for is a boot disc that loads a smaller version of the Windows OS into memory (taking the place of the MBR), to access your windows files. Yes I know about copying the registry, but what if you can't boot into windows to access the copy of the registry?

IOW, you use a CD to boot into your operational Windows 10 complete with the GUI and service applications and files.

Last edited:

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i don't believe that exists, or at least i have not seen one. there are plenty of linux live disks out there that do this. from there you can copy the backup of the registry over the one you messed up.

should accomplish the same thing. but then again you can use your windows boot disk to get a command prompt and do the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.