Windows 10 takes forever to restart after adding new GPU

crocutacrocuta

Commendable
Feb 13, 2017
Hello everyone,

I just bought and installed a brand new NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB DDR5 for my Lenovo ThinkStation P510. At first boot, everything seemed to work fine, Windows 10 showed up in minutes, but before I could even begin to install the driver, the screen fuzzed and gave me a black screen with only the pointer displayed… I restarted the computer. It started in this black screen and pointer fashion but I could actually see it reached its user panel by seeing the pointer changing over the password text zone. I waited a bit, then shut everything down for checking the clipping of the still-in-function graphic card, a NVIDIA Quadro K420. I take it out then put it back. Now the screen is showing properly, but Windows is taking forever to start. By writing this right now, I've been awaiting for more than 50 minutes. I really can't explain myself why it is doing this, as first attempts worked fine.

Moreover, even after removing the new GPU, the problem is still there. I'm pretty sure this is a Windows issue, as BIOS diagnoses everything is fine.

Any ideas?

Thank you for your attention.

Solution
load up the old graphic card and uninstall the Driver . then after turn off the PC put the new graphic card then install drive for new GPU . this is the solution.

Make sure you're installing the new graphics card driver from Official NVIDIA website , i would suggest install " NVIDIA experience " and use the express driver installation .

Thanks

xTP Official

Commendable
Oct 12, 2016
load up the old graphic card and uninstall the Driver . then after turn off the PC put the new graphic card then install drive for new GPU . this is the solution.

Make sure you're installing the new graphics card driver from Official NVIDIA website , i would suggest install " NVIDIA experience " and use the express driver installation .

Thanks

Solution