Darksin

Honorable
Nov 10, 2013
So... first things first,

Specs

I7-4770k
GTX 970
8GB RAM.

Been running windows 8.1 for a long time. Never had any issues, decided to step over to windows 10. Runs perfectly fine but i have screen tearing.

Its not across my whole screen, its not even all the time(Only noticed it in games so far)

Usually its like 10-15 seconds and it'll go away again. Its like almost at the top of my screen left to right. About one inch in height. I have no clue what to do and never had any similiar issues. Hope someone can help me with this.

Tried the following,

Different drivers.
Disable apps(Windows gamebar)
Reinstalling drivers.

Temps are good, no overclock on GPU.

Darksin

Honorable
Nov 10, 2013
Sorry forgot to add, i also did that part. I tried that, FPS running @60 due to vsync, Issue is still there(Ever since i disabled the windows game bar it has rarely shown its ugly face but the problem is still there, ever so slightly.

EDIT -

Found a video with someone that has the same exact thing -

https://gfycat.com/CoarseElaborateBlackfish

EDIT 2

Just found a possible fix disabling shadowplay status icon. gonna try that and see how it goes.

Darksin

Honorable
Nov 10, 2013
HDMI. Already tried difference screens with different cables(VGA&DVI)
Have played without issues for a few hours now(Shadow play disabled) Can't give a approve yet but it seems shadowplay was the issue.

How odd, I've never had an issue with shadowplay, I have it running constantly.

Windows 10 seems to have many issues, even though it's not far off of a copy and paste of 8 with a few changes.