[SOLVED] Windows 10 thinks SSD (C:) is full when it's not

Apr 6, 2019
Hello!
I have a problem with my computer seemingly miss-reading my disks.
I recently noticed that my SSD C:-drive was almost full. This was weird since I'm always very careful to install all of my applications on my secondary storage HHD D: drive.
I have a screenshot showing as much information as possible:

WeAaZGZ.png

I have deleted temporary files, recovery points, shown hidden files, looked at partitions and there's no unallocated space. My D:-drive is clearly containing my Apps and when checking actual size of C:-drive in explorer it only says 34 GB.

The one thing I noticed was when I went into Windows 10 Settings > Storage and clicked on C:-drive. It says my applications are taking up 152 GB of space on the disk. However, once I click on the "Apps & Games" it's all on the D:-drive.
I think Windows is mixing these drives up in some way.
Any thoughts on why this is happening or input as to how to fix it?

Apr 6, 2019
And for installing applications on your D drive, you absolutely do NOT need specific folders called "Program Files".
You can install things to any folder you choose.

Thank you for your quick response.
Not adequate? These are windows own tools. I've done everything I can to see what's taking up the space.
I know for a fact that I have 152 GB of programs but they're all installed on D:-drive. However, windows thinks they're installed on both drives when they're not.
I know I don't need them in a Program Files folder but that's not at all relevant to my question here.

Apr 6, 2019
The tools you're using are inadequate for reading the drive space.

Install either WinDirStat or WizTree
Run as Administrator, selecting only the drive in question.
Post a screencap here.

Well would'ya known. Windows had apparently made a complete copy of my entire library of applications. It all showed up in WinDirStat and I could now delete it. Thanks a bunch!

Apr 6, 2019
And for installing applications on your D drive, you absolutely do NOT need specific folders called "Program Files".
You can install things to any folder you choose.

Whenever I install a program it automatically puts in c:/Program Files/etc etc... The quickest way for me to change drive is to just change the letter from C to D without bothering it ending up in an unnecessary folder..

USAFRet

Titan
Not sure what you did with the "Program Files" folder on your D drive, but to actually install applications to that drive (any folder), you just have to select Custom or Advanced during the application install.
That will allow you to install it to whatever folder you choose.