Windows 10 UEFI Install issues.

Tom_T1993

Commendable
Jul 13, 2016
Hi, I;ve recently reinstalled Windows 10 using an installation media made through Rufus set to install the OS in the GPT partition style.

The issue is, this hasn't worked correctly and formatted my drive in NTFS.

I've carried out this process on a Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI mobo, the drive in question been a Sandisk SD8SNAT-256g (M2 Slot in SSD).

I have disabled csm and fast boot and installed using shift+f10 to convert the drive to GPT format, but upon boot right clicking it and viewing properties still shows the device format to be NTFS

Using diskpart to review the volumes shows system-100mb as fat32 but boot is NTFS.

Am I missing any steps to allow for a full UEFI install? just ask if you need more info.

Thanks.

dumb_man

Distinguished
May 18, 2008
I think this will be of help to you

http://www.howtogeek.com/245610/how-to-check-if-a-disk-uses-gpt-or-mbr-and-how-to-convert-between-the-two/

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
You need to Boot via UEFI for this to work. So when you boot up into your USB install media, go to your BIOS and under boot selection there should be a UEFI USB boot.

Then when you get in you can set the drive to GPT using the command prompt

Tom_T1993

Commendable
Jul 13, 2016

I succeed in installing in uefi, i just mistook the ntfs file system as a symptom of an MBR install. I've formatted all my drives into gpt and here's hoping there's no more issues. Thanks.