Question Windows 10 update from 8.1 Fails as it attempts to install from flash drive on my HP Pavilion Notebook

May 27, 2022
Hi,

The Windows 10 from 8.1 fails as it attempts to install from flash drive on my HP Pavilion. I downloaded from Microsoft and it goes through the process on installation, a message pops up that says installation failed. It's the HP Pavilion Notebook-17-F136DS (Energy Star).

I tried to install from the site with no success and then from a DVD, and Flash Drive. I checked the specs and it appears it should work. Does anyone have any thoughts? It seems I have the specs not sure why it fails. I read an article that it could be due to the onboard video card.

Thanks in advance!

Ralston18

Titan
This: "I tried to install from the site ".

What site? Does "what site" still mean Microsoft or some other site?

Update your post to include full HP Pavilion hardware specs.

Are you following some specific upgrade instructions? If so, what source? Any links?

May 27, 2022
Hi,

Sorry!! The site is Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

The processor is AMD A4-6210 APU with AMD Radeon R3 Graphics 1.80 GHz
RAM is 8.00 GB (6.94) usable
WIN 8.1 64-bit os, x64 based processor

I inherited it from my sister-in-law who bought a mac, and I used it for a while. I found out that support for 8.1 is dropping next year so I thought I'd update it to 10. The free update is stiull available. I thought about buying 10 at this point but I am not sure if 10 is compatible with this laptop.

Thanks for your response.