[SOLVED] Windows 10 Update Message for 11

jackgreat

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
Dear Team,

I am running Windows 10 and my PC is up to date. When I opened Windows Update from settings menu it showed me message "This PC does not meet system requirements for Windows 11. Run PC Health check .... ".

I enabled TPM from bios and ran PC Health check, which cleared my PC and said I can upgrade to Windows 11 whenever its available. However when I open Windows Update it still shows me the old message that PC does not meet requirements ...

What to do ? In my other PC I get message with green tick that PC can be upgraded to Windows 11 when its released for you.

Regards,
Jack

Solution
Dear Team,

I am running Windows 10 and my PC is up to date. When I opened Windows Update from settings menu it showed me message "This PC does not meet system requirements for Windows 11. Run PC Health check .... ".

I enabled TPM from bios and ran PC Health check, which cleared my PC and said I can upgrade to Windows 11 whenever its available. However when I open Windows Update it still shows me the old message that PC does not meet requirements ...

What to do ? In my other PC I get message with green tick that PC can be upgraded to Windows 11 when its released for you.

Regards,
Jack
you need to enable tpm and secure boot also install the secure boot keys to get full support, also the cpu must be supported.
Dear Team,

Regards,
Jack
you need to enable tpm and secure boot also install the secure boot keys to get full support, also the cpu must be supported.

Solution

gardenman

Splendid
This is a known issue according to this article:
Quote: "the company is actively investigating the matter and working on a fix."

Reactions: punkncat

Colif

Win 11 Master
I wonder if you can get around it by running the update of an ISO instead of through windows update

GO here, click the 2nd option - Create Windows 11 Installation media - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows11
Download Media creation tool and use it to make an USB - yes, it does offer to update current PC but it might have same problem.
Once USB is created, and its in target PC, go to File Exploder
Navigate to to USB and click setup
agree to update current PC
See if it works or has same problem

I don't know, I am just trying, this is one way to get around previous windows update problems.

jackgreat

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
The windows update today started showing message that "This PC can run Windows 11 ..." I guess the issue is resolved. I am not in a hurry. Will update when windows 11 is available via windows update. :)

Thank you everyone.

Oct 10, 2021
Hi everyone this is my first post.
I will wait a couple of Builds, and furthermore, I will have to wait for BitDefenders Windows 11 support update.
Some of my programs cant run Windows 11 just yet, so I will wait.

USAFRet

Titan
Dear Team,

Regards,
Jack
What are the parts in this system?

Additionally, the WIn 11 rollout is not 'everyone all at once'.
If the system in question is capable, you'll see the option eventually.

ss_56

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
So windows 10 tells me my PC is not up to speed for windows 11, which i'm pissed about having to relearn stuff yet again. I'm told to download that health check app and here's the message i'm met with as i'm about to download it:

windowspchealthchecksetup.msi could harm your device. do you want to keep it anway?
KEEP OR DELETE

WTF?

USAFRet

Titan
So windows 10 tells me my PC is not up to speed for windows 11, which i'm pissed about having to relearn stuff yet again. I'm told to download that health check app and here's the message i'm met with as i'm about to download it:

windowspchealthchecksetup.msi could harm your device. do you want to keep it anway?
KEEP OR DELETE

WTF?
Why are you upset?

For whatever reason, your system is not currently Win 11 compatible.
Which means you get to stay on your current Win 10.
Nothing to "relearn".

ss_56

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
At some point in the near future, it is coming and windows 10 support will disappear, right. Just trying to get ahead of this thing and got upset when I got a 'this may harm your pc' message when downloading a windows app on a windows pc.
can i disregard that message, download the health app?

USAFRet

Titan
At some point in the near future, it is coming and windows 10 support will disappear, right. Just trying to get ahead of this thing and got upset when I got a 'this may harm your pc' message when downloading a windows app on a windows pc.
can i disregard that message, download the health app?
Currently, that date is Oct 5 2025. So several years,

Disregard? Yes, and continue.

Reactions: ss_56