Windows 10 updates not working

Jul 15, 2018
So basically there are two specific updates that just dont want to download, one is “2018-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based systems (kb4103727)” and “2018-07 security update for adobe flash player for windows 10 version 1709 for x64 based systems (kb4338832). They both say that they require a restart to finish the update or whatever, i restart, and the progress shows that its stuck at “Downloading - 0%” and it will stay like that for a little until it just goes back to saying it requires a restart to finish. I am also selling this pc, and need to back up all of my files, but when i plug in my 3tb seagate external hdd to back up my files onto that, i notice it doesnt have a drive letter. When i go to assign one, the “Change drive Letter and paths” is greyed out. So i tried in command prompt, i do diskpart, then when i say list disk, it shows up as disk 1, but when i do list volume, the 2798 gb partition is not there, only its like 200 mb one. I think that maybe backing up all my files, then just wiping the hdd completely could maybe fix the whole update thing. But obviously I need to fix this first, if there is no easy way to fix this hard drive problem, i do have another internal hdd that i can use, just would rather not.
Thank you for taking your time to read this! I just need this to be fixed asap because i do have a buyer waiting..
Thanks!

Jul 15, 2018

My brothers friend just came over today, and its the hard drive's problem, he explained it but i didnt really understand anything XD, all i know is that he is letting me borrow his external hdd and that should be fine.
I am also now updating to the latest version of windows through the Windows 10 Update Assistant, so thanks for that suggestion, I will let you know if it fixes my problems when it is done updating. Thanks!