Question Windows 10 version 2004 Problem, code 144

Jul 31, 2020
im really new in this forum, so if i made a mistake, please forgive me. thank you.
Error code
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 144
Parameter 1: 3003
Parameter 2: ffff9d8bc21566b0
Parameter 3: 40010018
Parameter 4: 0
OS version: 10_0_19041
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1
OS Version: 10.0.19041.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Summary
for months my pc had been infected by crashing,freezing, restarting, and BSOD. mostly freezing/stuck, the screen just stuck, can't move at all, even i tried to reconnected every usb and hdmi, no luck at all, after some research i found that maybe it was my motherboard or might be the psu, but i found out. maybe this is caused by the driver, so i did update all the driver, everything. but still no luck, the rear panel audio can't be used because, when i put my pc to sleep and turning it on, the audio is gone, so i decided to use my bulid in monitor audio aux 3.5, you might gonna ask me if i updated the audio driver, the answer is yess i did updated it, and also my bios motherboard had been updated. also the gpu too, and then i also thought that this is might be the computer is overheat, so i replaced all the gpu thermalpaste and thermalpads, also the cpu too, up and running, and the next day i was granted whit a bsod, it says the name of the error was IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL , and then it says the usb____.sys problem, so i was thinking that it was the usb problem. so i move out every usb to usb 2.0, and the 3.0 is left unused, for now still no sign of crashing. but will inform tgat if it crash. thank you, i hope my pc will be fixed

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents

upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

what are specs of the PC?

Can you run this and upload the zip to a file sharing website and show link here - https://www.sysnative.com/forums/pages/bsodcollectionapp/

Jul 31, 2020
nope i can't make the dump file for some reason, yess i already tried tutorial to set the setting of the minidump, but only 1 ever created, and thats is it.

On Sun 8/2/2020 8:27:44 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: dxgkrnl.sys (0xFFFFF80186863F06)
Bugcheck code: 0x7F (0x8, 0xFFFFE601A7BF9E70, 0xFFFFCB0B5E45C000, 0xFFFFF80186863F06)
Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: DirectX Graphics Kernel
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the Intel CPU generated a trap and the kernel failed to catch this trap.Double Fault, indicates that an exception occurs during a call to the handler for a prior exception. Most often this is caused by a software problem (kernel stack overflow) but this can also be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 8/2/2020 8:27:44 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\080220-5843-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: dxgkrnl.sys (0xFFFFF80186863F06)
Bugcheck code: 0x7F (0x8, 0xFFFFE601A7BF9E70, 0xFFFFCB0B5E45C000, 0xFFFFF80186863F06)
Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: DirectX Graphics Kernel
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the Intel CPU generated a trap and the kernel failed to catch this trap.Double Fault, indicates that an exception occurs during a call to the handler for a prior exception. Most often this is caused by a software problem (kernel stack overflow) but this can also be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

Pc Spec
AMD Athlon X4 870k
DG3+FM2+A68M
GTX1060 6GB
PSU 500W 1st Player 80+ brown
4x2 8gb of ram
120gb vgen ssd
1tb sshd barracuda
my prediction was the windows 10 version 2004, since version 2004 had alot of bug.

Colif

Win 11 Master
The driver that caused the crash is likely going to be the Nvidia drivers.
dxgkrnl = Direct X. ALmost everytime I see it crash its caused by GPU drivers

Try running DDU and either install tthe newest drivers from Nvidia or Run wwindows update and allow windows to get a driver for the card - either way its from Nvidia, the ones from Microsoft are just older and more stable I find - https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/

Jul 31, 2020
yess, i already updated the gpu driver to its newest version 451.67, but this is. in my opinion, windows problem. im gonna wait till some one says that the windows 10 verison 2004 is stable. if only i can go back to the version 1909. but who knows tbh. now my pc is running stable at night. still no crashing after ditching usb 3.0.

Jul 31, 2020
update, my computer screen goes white blank in the middle of idle, if im not wrong, the cause of issues whit maybe the gpu driver or buggy windows update. im really convince now whit windows problem, after i checked everything in my computer hardwere, such as the ram whit memtest86, sshd and ssd whit some command. even the gpu after running some benchmark. no artifact at all.

-ok now i founded the windows 10 version 1909, im gonna tested this, and restarted my pc. i hope this would work.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
I have seen a lot of GTX 10 series cards have issues with the newest Nvidia drivers so reinstalling win 10 to fix an Nvidia driver error is almost as bad as reinstalling windows because the speakers are off (You only do this once) but gl, it might work.

Jul 31, 2020
hate to say it, its was the motherboard. nothing else. caused might be because i unpluged the psu cable when the pc on idle. verywell. i guess im gonna deal whit crashing for a year.

Colif

Win 11 Master
You need a better PSU if the simple act of unplugging the PC while it is on is enough to damage board.

win 10 by default is always on, fast startup leaves PC in hibernate mode so if all PC just die if unplugged at wrong time, I expect they would be in serious financial fault. I suspect its not the case.

I have seen people kill windows from unplugging it while off, but never seen a board die because it was unplugged.

Jul 31, 2020
update, this time the crash was worst then before, after crashed. the c drive is complely gone and vanished, everything. only chrome and steam survive. this was really sad tbh. i guess the answer is to just throw my pc into the garbage and bulid a new one. well, for just 1 year of used.