News Windows 10 Vulnerability Allows Any User to Become an Admin

kaalus

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
As long as the current monopoly/duopoly in the desktop operating systems market exists, the atrocious quality of these systems will stay with us.

As long as the current monopoly/duopoly in the desktop operating systems market exists, the atrocious quality of these systems will stay with us.
Surely Windows could be better, but to call it's quality "atrocious" is a bit much. If it were so easy to make something better, especially in the user experience department, someone would have made it and sold it as a product by now.

lyrx

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2015
After 25 years of Windows. there's still security issue? Wear a condom. Geezus. The tech people create the problems then want us to call them saviors if the solve a problem. I'm over it. San Jose thinks they have great people, but they are no match for China and Russia when it comes to cyber threats. The U.S. is full of snowflake programmers.

USAFRet

Titan
After 25 years of Windows. there's still security issue? Wear a condom. Geezus. The tech people create the problems then want us to call them saviors if the solve a problem. I'm over it. San Jose thinks they have great people, but they are no match for China and Russia when it comes to cyber threats. The U.S. is full of snowflake programmers.
Name an OS without vulnerabilities.

tazmo8448

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011
The workaround that was mentioned in the article is vague at best on how to go about using it. All they mention is shadow copies so what do we do delete them all?

Ahh yes, the "you're a snowflake" remark transitioning directly to tribalism. Please continue, I would like to reference this in my oral arguments class, however, I need just a bit more material.

Name me a Chinese or Russian OS that's has zero security issues.

Also security doesn't stop at the developer. It continues all the way down to the end user. It doesn't matter how hardened someone makes their OS if the person at the end doesn't update with the latest security patches, clicks on random links from random people, and happily gives their login information to phishers.

Reactions: helper800