Windows 10 whea_uncorrectable_error

rikoslav

Commendable
Sep 2, 2016
Hi all,
I have seen some threads regarding this error, but none of the solutions seen to work so far.
Yesterday I got this whea uncorrectable error for the first time. After that I got another two,one every two hours. But today I got this error maybe every 5 minutes after restart and I dont know wat to do.
My specs:
Intel Core I5 6600 K
Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
Kingston 16 GB DDR4
Gigabyte HD 7950 (from my old PC)

I overclocked my processor to 4.7 Gh by AI Suite 3 and everything worked fine for the last month. GPU is in default settings.

I tried load default settings in Bios, then unistall Dual Intellgent Processor from AI Suite, after that I reset CMOS on motherboard and I am still getting this error and I am starting to be desperate. I even removed graphic card and run on integrated GPU.

What should I do? Reinstall Windows?
Also sorry for my bad English.

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
This error means the CPU has detected an internal or external error. Often times this is due to a bad Windows Update, or sometimes it's due to overclocking. Disable both if you can.

Unfortunately Windows Has Encountered An uncorrectable error. So if disabling Overclocking and Windows Updates doesn't work, you'll need to reformat the PC.

Moving forward, definitely recommend a solid snapshot tool (i.e. RollBack Rx) or a disk imager (i.e. Macrium Reflect) as a backup could fix this very easily with minimal damage loss.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Check the Ai Suite settings. Many times this error is due to unacceptable voltages after an OC. You pulled a software OC, so that'll override the bios settings after windows loads.

Do the research YouTube, Google etc. Learn to OC manually, do not rely on software OC.

rikoslav

Commendable
Sep 2, 2016
I had to reformat my PC and reset BIOS setting and I get this error even after that... however when I unistall Update for Adobe Flash Player for win 10 (KB3189031) and other update KB3176938 it stopped. I have no idea how they can be related to this but it seems that they were causing it.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
KB3176938 has fixes for windows kernel, powershell, ntfs system, battery life of some components among other things, its a cumulative update so will include all previous fixes. It's possible that there was a conflict somewhere with this and something running in Windows like a low power eco setting or maybe even your psu. Haswell cpus had a well known issue with group regulated psus and Intel C-states C6 and lower, the deepest level of sleep, which would cause issues. My bios allows for the shutting down of C6 and lower, as does windows power settings. Might look into your default power settings.

If those updates are the cause, being cumulative, the next update will include everything in those 2 and the problem might return.

rikoslav

Commendable
Sep 2, 2016
Okay, now Im sure that KB3176938 update is causing these crashes... I installed that update (I disabled C-states in BIOS before that) and it started to happen again... Do you have any other sugestions?