Windows 10 WiFi no internet access

jminciong1

Commendable
Oct 18, 2016
https://postimg.org/image/moojofxrn/

It shows in the taskbar that it's not connected but it shows connected in the network settings. I can't access the internet

Solution
Download it from the USB adapter support homepage. Find the latest available and if it is Windows 8 it may work, occasionally a Windows 7 driver will work, but anything older has a slim chance. You can go to the device manager and select to update the driver and then manually select your downloaded driver.

In the end you may find it easier to buy a new USB adapter that has Windows 10 support, many of the older USB wireless adapters will not work with Windows 10. And that adapter that you have is very old as it does not even include N wireless.

jminciong1

Commendable
Oct 18, 2016

It didn't work. I also tried connecting to other network but it still shows not connected (sometimes "identifying internet access") on the taskbar but shows connected in the network options.

jminciong1

Commendable
Oct 18, 2016

The mobo is g41d3c and the adapter is Realtek RTL8187B Wireless 802.11b/g 54Mbps USB 2.0 Network Adapter. I'm not sure about the OS.

It works perfectly fine 2 days ago but since I'm having a problem because my PS/2 Mouse can't be detected, I used the automatic repair and made it work and since then I wasn't able to access the internet anymore

jminciong1

Commendable
Oct 18, 2016

When I delete the device i don't think it was fully uninstalled. When I checked the events tab of the device in the properties, it shows that when i deleted the device and restarted the pc, it shows device configured. Unlike in the beginning it has a "device install request.

Before:
Device install requested
Device configured
Device started
Device installed

Now:
Device deleted
Device configured
Device started
I don't know if I'm doing the right thing

RealBeast

Titan
Download it from the USB adapter support homepage. Find the latest available and if it is Windows 8 it may work, occasionally a Windows 7 driver will work, but anything older has a slim chance. You can go to the device manager and select to update the driver and then manually select your downloaded driver.

In the end you may find it easier to buy a new USB adapter that has Windows 10 support, many of the older USB wireless adapters will not work with Windows 10. And that adapter that you have is very old as it does not even include N wireless.

Solution