Question Windows 10 won't boot and screen goes black, boots after reset.

Bloody George

Reputable
Sep 3, 2015
Hi everyone!
I've been having problems with my new Ryzen system and my SSD; previously freezing and now there's a new problem. I did a fresh install of a new Windows 10 version and the OS works fine, but everytime I shut it down and have to turn it on again the next day, the computer posts, but blacks out after the motherboard/BIOS screen. It only comes back after a loop of 1-2 automatic restarts. And the system is running off of an SSD, which should make booting faster, but it takes about 2 minutes for this whole thing to happen.

To make the OS boot properly, there are two situations that need to happen:

1. I turn it on normally, it posts but the screen goes black. It goes on a loop of restarting until it eventually boots into Windows 10.

2. When I reset the system myself as this BS is happening, it boots normally as it should.

Operation within the system itself is normal, no hitches or anything. Freezing is gone, but this issue when first turning it on is ruining my day, to be honest.

Things I've tried:
  • Fresh OS install (2x already);
  • Updating BIOS/resetting default BIOS options;
  • Swapping SATA cables and slots for the SSD;
  • Installing chipset drivers;
  • Swapping RAM sticks in every possible way;

I'm running out of ideas, people. This Ryzen system is giving me so many problems I'm starting to regret ever buying it.
Any help would be appreciated. Cheers!