Windows 10 won't boot with my new ssd and I don't know why !

Darknud

Commendable
May 23, 2016
So i recently bought my first ssd not so long ago and I successfully installed it in my system . I ordered the Kingston 400uv in a bundle so i didn't needed anything else . Then , i cloned my hdd into my ssd with the Acronis program and at the end of the cloning , it was written on the screen that it was gonna shutdown in 1 second but freezed this way for like 10 minutes , so i just shutted down the pc . When i opened my pc , it shows the cloning was succesful with all the files on the ssd.

then i proceded to shut the pc again so i could go in the bios and set it as my boot drives , but each time i tried to boot windows 10 with it , the screen just flash and i can't do anything and its just showing the classic windows 10 screen with the background and it just won't go farther than that . But then when i try to boot it with my hdd , absolutely zero problem . I tried for hours to change some settings but nothing happens , same flashing screen that won't go further than the home screen flashing ( in a irregular way)

So yeah im pretty frustrated right now , but hopefully some of you could suggest some solutions .
Maybe its the cloning at the end that changed it all , but ill try it again and trying to sucessflully install it without the shut down bug at the end .

So yeah does somebody have an idea ?
some more detail:
- Once i unplugged my hdd totally so it could only possibly boot on the ssd but instead of a flashing home screen , it just showed nothing except the cursor moving around normally .

Solution
Do yourself a favor and do clean windows install.
Some versions of AOMEI do not work good with UEFI. You can also try Macrium Reflect to clone a drive but clean install is still proffered. Set SATA to AHCI mode and disconnect HDD before starting.
Do yourself a favor and do clean windows install.
Some versions of AOMEI do not work good with UEFI. You can also try Macrium Reflect to clone a drive but clean install is still proffered. Set SATA to AHCI mode and disconnect HDD before starting.

Solution

Darknud

Commendable
May 23, 2016

First thanks a lot for responding ! The windows cd for installation I used the first time was a windows 7 professional and then i upgraded to windows 10 . The thing is , if i do a clean install of windows using the windows 7 cd , how can i obtain windows 10 free since the upgrade is no longer free ? My windows is activated trough a lincense key and etc but i heard that once its activated on a computer , you can simply put windows 10 on an usb and install it into the ssd but im not sure.
Thanks !

Darknud

Commendable
May 23, 2016

Thank you so much ! Ill make you know if it worked or not next time ill try !