Windows 10 won't let me delete a Folder from an old install

Area-45

Reputable
Oct 4, 2014
I had downloaded Sea of Thieves from windows using a trial and then reinstalled windows a week later. The issue is that the game was downloaded on my secondary drive and now it gives me an error anytime I try and do anything with the file saved in WindowsApps it says I don't have permissions or just saying there was an error.

I have already tried taking permission, File Assassin, Command Prompt / Power Shell, Checking for drive error, and Starting in Safe mode. I don't know what else to do.

All I want is this 20 GB file deleted and gone how do I do this when Windows will not let me?

Solution

For the record (beware potential damage), Linux is like the honeybadger of file permissions.

It doesn't care. If you ever have to delete something, just boot up on a usb or cd with ubuntu or something and let it do its thing in the terminal. Hell, Linux will let you delete its own OS files, if that's what you so order. It definitely doesn't care about other OS' file permissions.

For the record (beware potential damage), Linux is like the honeybadger of file permissions.

It doesn't care. If you ever have to delete something, just boot up on a usb or cd with ubuntu or something and let it do its thing in the terminal. Hell, Linux will let you delete its own OS files, if that's what you so order. It definitely doesn't care about other OS' file permissions.

Solution

Area-45

Reputable
Oct 4, 2014

Thanks for the information! I'll definitely put Linux on a USB next time something like this happens.