[SOLVED] Windows 10

keithhorn7

Commendable
Sep 21, 2018
Good morning guys,

My fiancée has an Asus K501U laptop. She only bought for work and hardly uses it. I believe it's a Skylake system and might have a generic 128GB NVME drive for the OS.
Recently we noticed, probably due to Windows 10 updates that she has only 15GB of storage available, so with that in mind it's possibly time to upgrade the drive.
It's Prime Day on amazon and I found this:

https://www.amazon.it/Samsung-MZ-V7S500BW-Unità-PLUS-Arancione/dp/B07MFBLN7K/ref=sr_1_12_mod_primary_lightning_deal?__mk_it_IT=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=Samsung+870+QVO&qid=1602665635&sbo=Tc8eqSFhUl4VwMzbE4fw/w==&smid=A11IL2PNWYJU7H&sr=8-12

An incredibly good price to be sure..!
Basically I just need to know if it's a good substitute and more importantly if it's actually compatible.

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me out with this minor problem.

Solution
Basically I just need to know if it's a good substitute and more importantly if it's actually compatible.
First - find out model name and type of your current M.2 SSD.
Asus doesn't list M.2 supported type. So it might be that only sata type M.2 or only nvme type M.2 are supported.

You can find model name of your SSD in Device Manager. Also with HDtune.

If your M.2 type is indeed nvme, then 970 evo plus will be a good replacement.
If supported type is sata, them Samsung 860 evo M.2 or Crucial MX500 M.2 could be used.

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
All the Samsung SSDs are excellent. Yours will be too.
Is it the same size as the original nvme?
If that's the only drive in the laptop, then I'd get a bigger one.

You OK cloning? Samsung's Migration Software is pretty easy to use.
You might have to put them both in a PC if there's only obne drive space in the laptop - to do the cloning.

Reactions: CyrusPhillip
First - find out model name and type of your current M.2 SSD.
Asus doesn't list M.2 supported type. So it might be that only sata type M.2 or only nvme type M.2 are supported.

You can find model name of your SSD in Device Manager. Also with HDtune.

If your M.2 type is indeed nvme, then 970 evo plus will be a good replacement.
If supported type is sata, them Samsung 860 evo M.2 or Crucial MX500 M.2 could be used.

Solution