Question Windows 11 administrator privileges

philipshari

Honorable
May 12, 2018
Hi.
I am a newbee into Win 11 just upgraded 3 days ago.
I was an administrator on Win 10 and show that I am on Win11 also.
I cannot load various commands using win 11 privileges. Right Click on Command prompt
and pick administrator privileges sends me to the user sub-directory instead of system32.
Trying to load disk management or computer management just sits there and fails to load the managers although typing in "Disk Partition" takes me to Disk management. I am identified as an administrator when running setup thru the Bios and my user settings state I am the administrator.
Am I missing something? It's not a big deal, I'm just getting to know Win 11 and there are workarounds to this issue. This is a home built gaming PC and I never had this issue with win 10.
Thanks for the support.

philipshari

Honorable
May 12, 2018
how did you upgrade to windows 11? sound like it didn't go well
Hi. Ive been ready to upgrade to win 11 for about half a year after I converted my drives to win 11 requirements. I just decided to pull the plug and do the upgrade 3 days ago. The upgrade went smooth, no performance issues and I'm actually getting a better FPS on Starfield (RTX 3080) then I was getting on Win 10. Windows update kept telling me the update was available to me. I'm not having any problems , just annoyances. I've got 6 days to roll back to Win 10. Thanks for the reply.

Last edited by a moderator:

philipshari

Honorable
May 12, 2018
Hi,
Update to my post at 1:03 pm, I came across a few others with the same issue and one of the workarounds is to create a shortcut link to the files command prompt and disk management and place them on the desktop. I created these links and both open up with administrative privileges. Simple workaround but why does the normal procedure not work? I've dropped a line to Microsoft to see what they say.
Probably gonna take a while...
Thanks!