Question Windows 11 and Adobe

Astralv

Distinguished
Hey there

I am immature Adobe user. I am learning mainly Photoshop, Premiere Pro and After Effects. I had issues with Premiere and video drivers on my Hasswell 4th generation build so I decided to build Adler Lake system. I sure did not need I9 processor, I got it just for fun. DDR5 memory, EVGA 3070TI graphics. The system is very stable right now. However, Photoshop is not working well. All movements feel jerky. Like if I resize the window, it is not smooth, it jumps pixels. I created Text Brush and it supposed to have 100% opacity but I can barely see the text (used as watermark). Just few hours with it and I was ready to yell at somebody. I did not get to test Premier Pro yet. But I can attest that Photoshop worked much better on my old Hasswell with Windows 10. So I am asuming- the issue is Windows 11? I know Adobe always behind on everything Windows. Is anybody else experiences uncomfortable operations or other issues? Do you think they will update it eventually to work? What else can I twick to make it work better? Thank you.

Astralv

Distinguished
I'm using Adobe Lightroom on Win 11, and see ZERO difference vs the previous system (last week) on Win 10.
Well...the new Win 11 system is faster, because it is faster hardware...;)
Good to know, thank you. Wondering if I need to view some settings such as hardware acceleration, etc. Something is not right with it.

Also Windows Photo app- not wondering it has 2.7 rating. It is unstable. Sometime when edited image saved, it opens large but not full screen view of this same image before edits, sometime it opens gray empty background.

USAFRet

Titan
Good to know, thank you. Wondering if I need to view some settings such as hardware acceleration, etc. Something is not right with it.

Also Windows Photo app- not wondering it has 2.7 rating. It is unstable. Sometime when edited image saved, it opens large but not full screen view of this same image before edits, sometime it opens gray empty background.
No idea about the Windows photo app...don't use it.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
What are the specs of your system? Are you having issues anywhere else?
Have you loaded all the base level drivers and such for the motherboard? Any yellow triangles in Device Manager?

I utilize Adobe Pro DC (I think is the name of it) to convert large iPhone pictures into .pdf and then compress them further so they can be mailed easier. I have no issue with this program operating within a variety of equipment on W10, W11, AMD/Intel, and some of the Intel stuff is 3rd gen.

I tend to agree with your own assessment to check things like hardware acceleration and so forth. I would say contact Adobe tech support, but in my own experience they are a worthless waste of time.