News Windows 11 Beta Build Has Ryzen Cache Latency Fix

I can only assume the fix came in too late to be included in the GA/RTM release of Win11. But I'm glad to see it's finally coming in.

I'll be looking forward to Tom's doing the test to validate the results, as I'm not quite upgrading to Win11 yet on my Ryzen system.

USAFRet

Titan
I can only assume the fix came in too late to be included in the GA/RTM release of Win11. But I'm glad to see it's finally coming in.

I'll be looking forward to Tom's doing the test to validate the results, as I'm not quite upgrading to Win11 yet on my Ryzen system.
Unless you are afflicted with GHIN Syndrome, there is NO need to move to Win 11 just yet.

Wait a couple of months. Let the guinea pigs find all the issues.

Dr3ams

Commendable
Sep 29, 2021
The insider program did not help Windows 11. Instead of a golden egg, it came out as a pile of steaming crap.

wifiburger

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2016
I re-installed beta KB5006746, removed oct12 KB5006674(that made L3 worst).
The latency is good now on my 3900x, bandwidth has huge up/down 200Gb/s -1000Gb/s.

I'm assuming CPPC bug affects bandwidth ? AMD needs to release the chipset driver already.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2021
Hi,

Followed the instructions for the install and got to point 6 where my SSD drive is not being picked up even after refreshing it, yet I am booting from the drive.

Any help you be greatly appreciated.