Windows 11 Computer freezes after launch

loekstars

Honorable
Nov 12, 2017
Hi,

My Windows 11 PC freezes (even the ram lights freeze in the same state) after boot up. This occurs randomly and is usually within the first 5 minutes after it started up. After, it usually does not happen again.
Whenever it freezes, I cannot do anything but hold the power button to shut it off. Then, if I try to turn it back on again using the power button, the MSI EZ debug lights will stop at the DRAM light and do nothing else. To turn the pc back on I need to turn off the power supply, wait for a minute or so and the turn it back on. Then the PC boots into windows again. And it it will usually freeze again within a minute or so.

For any necessary information that might be needed, please ask.
Thanks for your time in advance and hopefully we can find a fix.

Windows : 22H2
Build 22621.2283

Colif

Win 11 Master
what are specs of the PC?

Have you tried safe mode to see if it happens there?
go to settings/system/recovery
next to Advanced startup, click restart now
this restarts PC in a blue menu
  1. choose troubleshoot
  2. choose advanced
  3. choose startup settings
  4. click the restart button
  5. choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
  6. Pc will restart and load safe mode
if it doesn't, it could mean problem is a driver
or it can mean its hardware still as safe mode not as hard on PC as normal mode.

loekstars

Honorable
Nov 12, 2017
I have tried safe mode but since i only have a pin set up i couldn't get into my account. Pin system was not enabled in safe mode or something like that.

ubuysa

Distinguished
Hi,

My Windows 11 PC freezes (even the ram lights freeze in the same state) after boot up.

Then, if I try to turn it back on again using the power button, the MSI EZ debug lights will stop at the DRAM light and do nothing else.
Well that sounds as though POST is trying to tell you that there is a RAM issue! You should never ignore indicators like this, they are there for a reason.
  • First remove your RAM cards and re-seat them fully, see whether that helps.
  • Second, if you have more than one RAM card, remove a RAM card and then try again. Repeat this will each RAM card removed.