[SOLVED] Windows 11 mobo drivers on Windows 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 14, 2021
Hello,
I finally got around to formatting my PC, fresh windows 10 install, all the updates, installed all the motherboard drivers from manufacturers website.
That's when i realized i downloaded all those drivers for Windows 11 x64 instead of the Windows 10 x64 version. ASRock website defaults to Win11 now under the "support" tab for drivers download.
The motherboard I'm using is an ASRock Z590M-ITX/ax.

If anyone can please help me out and reassure me. Everything seems to be running fine so far for one day. Will i be experiencing any possible issues? Should i just format one more time and reinstall all the drivers for Win10?
I've been experiencing some game crashes lately and that was my reason to format, i would like to avoid all possible issues before i re-download all games.

Thank you for the help.

Solution
Thank you for the reply!
If you don't mind a follow up question:
Going forward I assume i will be seeing more and more new drivers labeled for Windows 11. Should i make an effort to download the older Win10 versions, or just the newest driver release?
Just the newest. Likely if both versions are offered, they will really be the same. I know that sounds silly, but is true.
Dec 14, 2021
Don't worry. You should be fine with the current drivers. Win 11 is really Win 10 with a new interface. Under the hood, they are very similar (arguably the same in many regards).

Thank you for the reply!
Going forward I assume i will be seeing more and more new drivers labeled for Windows 11. Should i make an effort to download the older Win10 versions, or just the newest driver release?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Thank you for the reply!
Just the newest. Likely if both versions are offered, they will really be the same. I know that sounds silly, but is true.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.