Windows 11 mouse cursor freezing/lagging.

Oct 10, 2023
It seems sometimes, appearing randomly, my mouse cursor when hovering over certain things it will like "freeze" for a fraction of a second.. It's only present on windows 11. I do not have this problem on windows 10. My specs are - i9-13900K, Asus TUF 4080, 64GB DDR5-6000, Samsung 980/990 Pro SSDs, TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS WIFI ddr5 mobo, 1200W maingear psu. The mouse is a wireless logitech g305.. I read somewhere about turning down the polling on the mouse.. I set it from 1000 to 500 and it seems to help.. But it still does it quite often and it's irritating.. All of my crap is up to date. It seems to be an issue with win11 + wireless mice. This isnt my first win11 install that this happened on.. And i tried 1 other wireless mouse. I'm guessing there is no fix for this but i had to ask. I will post a video later showing what im talking about.. Thanks all.

Ralston18

Titan
Just as a matter of elimination try a new fresh battery (use a known brand from a known source) in the g305 mouse.

Especially if the mouse is using some generic off brand battery.

But even branded batteries can be sub-standard or counterfeit.

However, if I followed correctly, the same problem occurs with another mouse.....

Another thing you can do is to use a USB extension cable between the host computer and mouse dongle.

Move the dongle up and away from the case. May help with reception and transmission. And also keep the dongle cooler.

Oct 10, 2023
Thanks for the feedback. I've already done all of that. The issue is something with windows 11 specifically.. When I run 10, the problem is not present. I'm going to buy a wired mouse tonight and see if it still happens. That can atleast eliminate one factor.